- This MOLO course will be delivered online. You will require a computer, video camera and internet connection. If you are taking this for CEUs you will be required to be visible via video camera
- We are planning four, 1-day online course days. October 20, 22, 27 & 29. We have scheduled 8:15 am to 4:30 pm Mountain (MST) each day (with the ‘training room’ opening at 8:00 am to assist with online setup and confirm everyone is able to see/hear the instructor).
- The first 3 days are intended to be intensive course delivery, the fourth day is reserved for either:
- Delivery of extra materials (if we have not completed the MOLO course).
- Course review and Q & A.
- October 20th will be our first day – expect a full day and then we will have a debrief at the end of the day to determine if we can make improvements for October 22 (Day 2).
- This is a new way to offer/participate for many and thus there may be some time spent assisting students with technical issues. We will do our best to keep these to a minimum.
- This online offering does NOT include the MOLO exam. The exam is now offered online by SWANA.org and can be completed at any time. The exam costs $250 USD for members and $400 USD for non-members. Note that NLC cannot register you for the exam and does not administer the exam.
Locationlive online training classroom (four full-day sessions on October 20, 22, 27 & 29)
InstructorSteve Johnson, Scott Theede, Michelle Jelinski, Michel Lefebvre
We are offering this MOLO for $1125 CAD plus GST. Payment needs to be received by Friday, Oct. 16 to participate. Please register with plenty of lead time so we can ship the MOLO Manual (book) to you – Canada Post and couriers have seen delays due to COVID.
To register, please use the link below or contact us at email@example.com
The Manager of Landfill Operations (MOLO) course provides a comprehensive study of efficient landfill operations, including site design, regulations, health and safety, cost controls and other issues to consider when planning, operating, and closing landfills. The course includes lecture, activities, and a facility tour. The course helps to prepare for the Manager of Landfill Operations Certification exam offered by SWANA (exam is offered online-only and needs to be purchased from SWANA.org).
(3 days course)
Earn 30 SWANA CEUs and/or 1.8 CEUs towards your Alberta Landfill Operator Certification
Upon Completion of this Course, Participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance, purpose, characteristics, design, and equipment requirements and regulatory environment of landfills
- Manage daily operational procedures
- Improve landfill safety
- Understand construction and surveying practices
- Implement and manage effective monitoring systems
- Improve efficiency and control costs.
Who Should Attend
Landfill owners, operators, managers, supervisors, foremen, as well as engineers, consultants and employees responsible for daily landfill operation.
The course manual is Manager of Landfill Operations. This comprehensive operations manual details the following topics, and more with supplemental images, graphs and examples for participants to discuss and serves as a must-have reference tool on the job.