No training days are scheduled for this course.
The Manager of Landfill Operations course provides a comprehensive study of efficient landfill operations, including site design, regulations, health and safety, cost controls and other issues to consider when planning, operating, and closing landfills. The course includes lecture, activities, and a facility tour. The course helps to prepare for the Manager of Landfill Operations Certification exam.
(3 days; optional written exam)
Earn 30 SWANA CEU’s and/or 1.8 CEU’s towards your Alberta Landfill Operator Certification
Upon Completion of this Course, Participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance, purpose, characteristics, design, and equipment requirements and regulatory environment of landfills
- Manage daily operational procedures
- Improve landfill safety
- Understand construction and surveying practices
- Implement and manage effective monitoring systems
- Improve efficiency and control costs.
Who Should Attend
Landfill owners, operators, managers, supervisors, foremen, as well as engineers, consultants and employees responsible for daily landfill operation.
The course manual is Manager of Landfill Operations. This comprehensive operations manual details the following topics, and more with supplemental images, graphs and examples for participants to discuss and serves as a must-have reference tool on the job.