Participants are encouraged to use video chat as it makes for much better interaction and conversation. If you are taking this course for CEUs, you will be required to be visible via video camera throughout the course.
Locationlive online classroom (via Zoom)
$350/person online; $425/person in-person
Please register early so we have enough time to ship the course materials to you before the online course starts. We cannot guarantee that you will have your course manual in time if you register less than 10 business days prior to course begin.
This Course will be delivered over a 10 hour period which includes both classroom instruction and group exercises.
Earn 10 SWANA CEUs and/or 1.0 CEUs towards your Alberta Landfill Operator Certification
The purpose of this course is to increase the awareness among both solid waste and emergency management personnel of the need to plan for debris management. The primary objectives of this course are to provide an increased awareness of:
- The importance of pre-disaster planning through debris management plans.
- How solid waste personnel are integrated into an incident command structure.
- How waste removal, processing and disposal might differ following a disaster than everyday situations.
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for anyone and everyone that may be involved with a disaster and the aftermath. Landfill staff (including designers, owners, operators, managers, employees responsible for daily landfill operation), Emergency Management staff, politicians, senior municipal staff and anyone involved in emergency planning
- Importance of Disaster Debris Management
- Debris Management Planning
- Putting Your Plan Into Action: Working With Incident Command
- Characterizing and Quantifying Disaster Debris
- Communications and Working With Volunteers
- Temporary Debris Sites
- Debris Removal and Processing
- Managing the Landfill Post Disaster
- Financing and Contracting for Debris Management
- Health & Safety