This course provides the information needed to successfully plan, develop, market, fund, contract and manage recycling programs. It also addresses collection, processing, end-use standards application and protection of human health and the environment.
(3 days; optional exam)
Earn 30 SWANA CEUs and/or 1.8 CEU’s towards your Alberta Landfill Operator Certification
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the elements associated with designing and developing a successful and sustainable recycling program
- Select the appropriate tools to begin or improve recyclable collection
- Determine acceptable material quality and requirements for existing and emerging markets
- Plan an education and outreach program
- Establish and manage contracts for recycling services
- Fund a recycling program and identify program costs and revenues that need to be applied
- Apply quality requirements and regulatory standards and identify key elements of a “Buy Recycled” program
- Manage a recycling Program to protect human health and the environment
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for facility owners, operators, manufacturers, managers, supervisors and employees, involved in the daily operation of a recycling facility or program.
The course consists of lectures, class activities and exercises to see theory in everyday practice. The text for the course is Managing Recycling Systems. This comprehensive manual details the following topics with supplemental images, graphs, examples and exercises. It serves as a must-have on the job reference tool.