This free event (held via ZOOM) was a collaboration of all Canadian Chapters of SWANA.
November 23 & 24, 2021, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM Mountain Time (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM Central Time) each day.
Day 1 – Agenda
- International Safety DATA on Solid Waste Industry
What are the areas that need improvement? What can be done?
- How are Jurisdictions tracking safety data?
- Innovations in Safety Plans – Small Scale
2016 SWANA’s Innovation in Safety Awards on East Hants Safety Program and methods to engage staff.
- Safety Improvement – Large Scale Perspective
SWANA Safety Award 2021 – Biggest Safety Improvements.
- Keys to fostering a healthy workspace, identifying potential red flags.
Canadian Center for Occupational Health and Safety
Day 2 – Agenda
- Change to Manual Yard Waste: Ergonomic Risks and Challenges
- Are MRF and Transfer Station Operators the victims of fire hazards in our waste and recycling streams.
- Electric Vehicles Battery Storage a future issue
- Impacts to insurance premiums from safety challenges
- Repetitive Strain vs Automation
- Change to Hot Zone Plans – Managing Safety Operations Related to High Risk Areas.