In an effort to promote education and professional development, the Solid Waste Association of North America established the Grant H. Flint International Scholarship Awards Program.
Eligible candidates must be sons, daughters, grandsons or granddaughters of a SWANA Member (sponsor) in good standing as of May 1st. SWANA Student Members in good standing are also eligible for Category II, and The Robert P. Stearns/SCS Engineers Scholarship Award.
The Chapter Scholarship Committees are responsible for reviewing and selecting local winners, and forwarding one representative for each scholarship category to the International Scholarship Committee for review.
Grant H. Flint International Scholarship Awards Program
Here are the opportunities available through the program Categories:
• Category I: Graduating high school seniors or graduate equivalent certified candidates who have been accepted for enrollment in a junior college, a four-year college, or a university (any program).
• Category II: Currently enrolled full-time college or university students who are entering their junior or senior undergraduate year and pursuing a degree in environmental science, engineering, or other suitable major related to the field of solid waste management.
• The Robert P. Stearns/SCS Engineers Scholarship Award: Full-time students who are entering or are in graduate school pursuing a degree in environmental science, engineering or other suitable major related to the field of solid waste management.
• May 1 – Deadline for submission of application materials to respective Chapter Scholarship Committee
• June 1 – Deadline for submission of Chapter candidates for review by International Scholarship Committee
• July 15 – International Scholarship Committee meets to select winners
• August 1 – Announcement of International Scholarship winners
Please direct questions or requests to Kathy Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org